VENUES and OUR SPACE
Our Ulster County restaurant, New World Home Cooking Co., is full of character. It is a rustic converted barn and has been called "totally Woodstock" by the New York Times with its wide plank floors and big windows with views of our neighbor's barn and horse farm. It was built in the 1920s as a swimming pool where Johnny Weismuller (of Tarzan fame!) trained for the olympics. Mid 20th century, a chicken barn was built, using the deserted pool as a foundation.
Ric and Liz took over the space in 1997, converting it into a rustic café with its big bar, a gazebo, a stone terrace, and enough space for great weddings, cocktail parties, and outdoor BBQ events.
New World Home Cooking can accommodate up to 130 people on site for seated events, and up to 175 for grazing events and mixers. Indoor events can can accommodate up to 150 people. New World Home Cooking is available year round with minimum requirements. We also offer a private party room for up to 60 people and a tented patio that can hold 50 more people. The space is also available for daytime business or family events.
Our Albany sister restaurant, New World Bistro Bar, is available for Monday-Friday luncheons for a minimum of 20 or a maximum of 50 people. New World Bistro Bar is not available nights or weekends for private parties.
GET NEW WORLD CATERING IN NYC
THE BEST VENUES in Hudson Valley, Catskills and Beyond
- Gilbertsville Farmhouse, Gilbertsville, NY (up to 200 guests with Campsites available)
- The Kaaterskill, Catskill, NY (up to 130 guests)
- Ashokan Dreams, West Shokan, NY (up to 150 guests)
- Tralee Farm, Stone Ridge, NY
- Historic Catskill Point, Catskill, NY (up to 250 guests)
- Shadow Lawn, High Falls, NY
- Roxbury Barn, Roxbury, NY
- Stone Tavern Farm, Roxbury, NY
- Barn on the Pond, Woodstock, NY(up to 80 guests)
- Owl's Hoot Barn, Coxsackie, NY (up to 180 guests)
- Art OMI, Ghent, NY
- Basilica, Hudson NY (up to 300 guests)
- A Private Estate, Germantown, NY
- Clermont Estate, Germantown, NY
- Oak Hill, Hudson, NY
- The VENUE, Cohoes, New York (One space for up to 60 and the other for up to 400 guests)
- National Museum of Dance, Saratoga, NY (up to 140 guests)
- Buhrmaster Barn at the Pruyn House, Colonie, NY (up to 120 guests)
- Historic Barns of Nipmoose , Buskirk, NY(up to 180 guests)
- Celtic Hall, Schenectady, NY
- The Forth Floor Terrace at the New York State Museum, Albany ( up to 300 guests)
- Shaker Heritage Society, Albany, NY, up to 175-200
- Indian Ladder Farms, Altamont, NY, (up to 70 in the barn)
- The Takk House, Troy, NY
- Proctors, Schenectady, NY
- Arts Center of the Capital Region, Troy, NY